psql command line question..

From: "Williams, Travis L, NPONS" <tlw(at)att(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql command line question..
Date: 2003-01-29 04:53:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a bunch of huge inserts in a flat file. They are in proper sql context and I can take each individual and copy/paste it into psql and it inserts fine. I tried doing a psql -e dbname < file.sql and I get errors. Is there anything specific I need to do to the file format? Each query is on its own new line. I didn't know if I should add a semicolon to the end so I did just to check it.. but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried doing this through DBD::Pg but it seems to complain about an extra apostrophe that doesn't exist (which psql did until I quite quoting my numerics). I noticed in Bruces readme that it said that psql would do this sometimes if you have to many apostrophes.. does this also affect DBD::Pg?

Travis