Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date: 2011-02-14 13:33:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> I'll be happy if you do, but why haven't I haven't noticed, say, RedHat
>> taking this line?
>
> Less narrow-minded interpretation of GPL requirements, perhaps.
> (And yes, we have real lawyers on staff considering these issues.)

FYI, seems Fedora has been actively trying to move away from OpenSSL
for some time now:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CryptoConsolidationEval
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation

Main arguments are FIPS and single-cert-store, but in the evaluation
of NSS vs. OpenSSL I think license issues have at least some impact.

--
marko