psycopg2 (async) socket timeout

From: Danny Milosavljevic <danny(dot)milo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psycopg2 (async) socket timeout
Date: 2011-02-03 20:04:39
Lists: psycopg

Hello,

is it possible to specify the timeout for the socket underlying a connection?

Alternatively, since I'm using the async interface anyway, is it
possible proactively cancel a query that is "stuck" since the TCP
connection to the database is down?

So the specific case is:
- connect to the postgres database using psycopg2 while network is up
- run some queries, get the results fine etc
- send a query
- the network goes down before the result to this last query has been received
- neither a result nor an error callback gets called - as far as I can
see (using txpostgres.ConnectionPool)

What's the proper way to deal with that?

Regards,
Danny