Re: JDBC gripe list

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Quartz <quartz12h(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC gripe list
Date: 2011-03-29 23:10:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 30 March 2011 09:34, Quartz <quartz12h(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Keep reading:
>
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#executeBatch%28%29

Keep reading:

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/Connection.html#setAutoCommit(boolean)

"The commit occurs when the statement completes. The time when the statement
completes depends on the type of SQL Statement: [...] For CallableStatement
objects or for statements that return multiple results, the statement is
complete when all of the associated result sets have been closed, and all
update counts and output parameters have been retrieved."

Also, the spec says you should always turn off autocommit before batch
updates, because the commit behavior in this case is implementation-defined.

Both of these points were raised the last time we discussed this on the
list, but I didn't see a reply from you addressing them:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2011-01/msg00055.php. Could you
respond to the points in that post if you disagree?

Otherwise, I don't think it's very useful to rehash old issues as if they
hadn't been discussed before.

Oliver