Upcoming Patch Review Party

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upcoming Patch Review Party
Date: 2010-06-03 21:29:57
Lists: pdxpug

We're having another Patch Review Party!

Date: Tuesday, June 15
Time: 6-9pm
Location: Emma! 524 E Burnside
Bring: your self and a snack to share.

Emma will provide beer & Internet access.

Check out the current list of patches for review:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=6
(If you see one you like, go ahead & grab it now.)

Stuff you need to do beforehand that will save us a lot of time at the PRP:
Review the relevant docs on the wiki:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patc

Grab the current version of Pg:
git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git

(If it's been a few days since you cloned the repo, update it before
the PRP with `git pull origin`)

Run configure/make/make check

If you have chosen a patch(es), download it in advance

Don't let the lack of a laptop deter you - we've successfully
pair/eXtreme reviewed before, we can do it again!

--

gabrielle