Re: Step ordering pgAgent

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Step ordering pgAgent
Date: 2011-01-04 17:22:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I'm with you about the ease of use, but I don't agree that triggers and jobs
are so near to each other. In my opinion there is at least a functional
difference: Triggers are needed on application level and are maintained by a
developer. Jobs are helpers for database admins to keep the database "clean"
or to update data (data cumulation, definition updates,...).
But we can discuss this topic later, if it's requested by more users.

Jasmin