Re: Beta4 release announcement

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta4 release announcement
Date: 2010-08-01 19:57:25
Lists: pgsql-www

Hey!

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>> I sent the message asking for the message to not be approved to -www.
>> Is there a better forum?
>
> Not really, and besides people approving messages to -announce should know
> not to approve a release message without checking on it.  I think we need to
> find out who approved that and take them off approvals for -announce
> permanently.

That seems a bit harsh. People do lots of worse things than mistakenly
approve email, and don't get responsibility removed.

Let's make the process for this a bit more clear.

Where should the authoritative discussion be had about timing for
release? Is it here? Or on -packagers, or somewhere else?

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me