Re: Delete rules

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Delete rules
Date: 2010-08-04 21:52:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Little, Douglas
<DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>wrote:

> But I don’t know how to access the entire sql statement for
> interrogation. Is there a way I can see what the statement is that’s
> executing and triggering the rule?

I've found complex and simple rules pretty hard to get correct. They
sometimes do unexpected things.

It looks like the CREATE Trigger FOR EACH STATEMENT is better suited to do
what you want:

"In addition, triggers may be defined to fire for a TRUNCATE, though only FOR
EACH STATEMENT."

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.