Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark
Date: 2011-01-07 11:44:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

This is absolutely the correct way, but I think pgAdmin is the wrong
location to handle this. In my opinion the database should handle locales.
The COPY command for example also doesn't support other decimal marks. AND
it's not always wanted, that the input is locale aware. There has to be an
optional parameter or a session based setting. But that's a topic for an
other mailing list ;)

I know my patch is just a workaround, but it saves us a lot of time in this
particular process.