Root acces to databases without being prompted for password

From: Rafael Barrera Oro <borafael(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Root acces to databases without being prompted for password
Date: 2010-09-17 16:11:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello!

I've "inherited" a pgsql database (in linux server, already configured and
set up) and i noticed that the root user can access a particular database
without being prompted for password (using the psql command).

I assume it's something related to database ownership and user permissions
but i can't find exactly what is causing this.

I'd like to replicate this behaviour for other database since my goal is to
use the root user for executing cron task (where a password prompts is
highly annoying)

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Rafael