Re: How to download Non-Installer (ZIP) Postgres 8.3 for Windows?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to download Non-Installer (ZIP) Postgres 8.3 for Windows?
Date: 2010-07-09 08:20:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to download the ZIP archive for Postgres 8.3 on Windows, but I
> can't find a download location where I do not need to register with
> EnterpriseDB
>
> When I go to http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do and click on
> the Windows link for Postgres 8.3 I end up on the "Please register" page.

Yes. That's because you didn't follow a link from postgresql.org.

> When I follow the download link from http://www.postgresql.org/download/ I
> wind up at http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgbindownload.do but there
> is no link to version 8.3
>
> So how do I download the "binaries only" (no installer) bundle of Postgres
> 8.3 for windows?

EnterpriseDB don't produce one for 8.3. There is a copy from the old
MSI installer at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.11/win32/,
but it's not binary-compatible with the one-click installers
(different integer-datetime settings).

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company