Re: UDT arrays

From: Lukas Eder <lukas(dot)eder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UDT arrays
Date: 2011-02-10 09:45:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Radoslaw,

Interesting news about SQLData, Input & Output. That's clearly the way to
go. So I assume you're going to be removing the PGobject from the JDBC
driver in a future release? But I still don't understand whether you are
actually going to plan to implement a combination of UDT and ARRAY, such as

CREATE TYPE composite_type AS (f1 int, f2 text);
CREATE TABLE t (array_of_composites composite_type[]);

This works in Postgres, but is not supported by the JDBC driver... Are you
going to address that as well, in the near future?

Cheers
Lukas