Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"

From: Gabe Nell <gabe(at)kikini(dot)com>
To: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"
Date: 2011-01-07 05:52:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> If you install libtermcap then it will start working good. We have
> tested it at our end.

Thanks Dharmendra, however in Ubuntu there is no package called
libtermcap, though it has been suggested that the libncurses5-dev
package provides this [1]. However I tried this and I still get the
same error. Do you know the exact Ubuntu package that I need to
install?

Thanks!

Gabe

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1329390