Re: Viewing enum values for custom type

From: Sean Laurent <sean(at)studyblue(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing enum values for custom type
Date: 2010-11-10 15:52:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:

> Le 09/11/2010 01:11, Sean Laurent a écrit :
> > Is there an issue way to view the possible enum values for a custom type
> in
> > PGAdmin3? Or is my only real option to run a query like:
> >
> > select enum_range(null::MyCustomTypeT)
> >

> You should see them in the type properties and in the type dialog
> properties.

Okay. A couple really really dumb questions. With v1.12.1, where do I find
type properties? And how do I access the type dialog properties? When I look
at a specific table, I can see the custom type listed on the dependencies
tab, but I can't do anything with. Obviously I can see it listed as the data
type for a column that uses the custom type, but again, I can't do anything
with the custom type. And I don't see custom types listed under any of the
catalogs or schemas.

Clearly I'm missing something simple. :)

-Sean