Re: Continuent apology to PostgreSQL Community members

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Eero Teerikorpi <eero(dot)teerikorpi(at)continuent(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuent apology to PostgreSQL Community members
Date: 2010-08-04 13:09:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Eero Teerikorpi
<eero(dot)teerikorpi(at)continuent(dot)com> wrote:
> Continuent and EnterpriseDB are partners. We support EnterpriseDB edition of
> the PostgreSQL. And we have few joint customers and prospects, and I would
> naturally welcome even more collaboration.
> As a part of this collaboration effort we have included EnterpriseDB staff
> on our mailing list to get most up to date information about the Tungsten
> offerings. This no different from the fact that EnterpriseDB has most of
> Continuent staff on your mailing list (for example I just received two
> emails from EnterpriseDB earlier this week).
> I am not in position to tell which ones actually have signed up for the
> mailing and which ones has been added by our marketing team because of our
> partnership, I can request our marketing to remove all EnterpriseDB staff
> from our mailing list and ask those who actually would like to see these
> mailings to re-register.

That's probably not necessary. Like I said originally, if someone at
EDB gave permission, that is fine. I just wasn't aware of it, but
that's not your fault.

(I did receive two copies of one of the announcements, but that's not
a disaster either.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company