Re: Out of Memory and Configuration Problems (Big Computer)

From: Tom Wilcox <hungrytom(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Out of Memory and Configuration Problems (Big Computer)
Date: 2010-06-02 14:08:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Stephen,

The impression I was getting from Magnus Hagander's blog was that a 32-bit
version of Postgres could make use of >4Gb RAM when running on 64-bit
Windows due to the way PG passes on the responsibility for caching onto the
OS.. Is this definitely not the case then?

Here's where Im getting this from:
http://blog.hagander.net/archives/73-PostgreSQL-vs-64-bit-windows.html

Thanks,
Tom