Re: Execute arbitrary SQL queries does not come up in pgAdmin

From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Edgar Sepulveda <esepulveda(at)jigsawtech(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Execute arbitrary SQL queries does not come up in pgAdmin
Date: 2011-03-18 19:09:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Edgar Sepulveda
<esepulveda(at)jigsawtech(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have installed pgAdmin3 version 1.12.2 and I have the problem that the
> option to execute SQL queries does not come up, instead pgAdmin3 goes
> frozen.
> I am using a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X version 10.6.6, the database is
> postgresql version 9.0.3. I already uninstalled all software related with
> postgresql and pgAdmin and installed again but I still have the same
> problem.
> I really appreciate any help to make this application work because I found
> it very productive for my job.
> Thanks
> Edgar Sepulveda

A coworker of mine has the exact same issue (whenever he tries to
launch que query tool in 1.12.2 against both postgres 9.0.3 and 8.3.7
pgadmin freezes), but he's not running Mac OS, rather Windows Vista.

Furthermore, it started happening after some windows update - before
that update, pgadmin worked fine.

Older versions of pgadmin (I think 1.10) don't have the freezing
issue, but they don't work against postgres 9.0