Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting
Date: 2010-09-01 08:36:17
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On 31 August 2010 21:59, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>
>>> I found some sample code the is supposed to work in all browers.
>>> I tested it in Firefox and it worked.  It should work in Opera
>>> and IE as well.  HTML/Javascript file attached.
>>
>> Thanks Bruce.  I've implemented your recommended change. :)
>
> Looks good to me in both Firefox and Konqueror.

I've just tested it at work in IE6/7/8 and looks fine (sans shadows
and rounded corners of course). So I think that's no longer a
problem.

There are some changes that should be made to the docs to accommodate
style changes though. A good example can be seen on
http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/xml2.html . The
functions and parameter tables don't have a header, and the functions
listed in the functions table are each written as a synopsis rather
than a function.

Also take a look at
http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/functions-aggregate.html
. Table 9-43 lists functions but the formatting changes for the last 3
functions because the parameters weren't in the <function> element in
the SGML. This happens inconsistently throughout the documentation.

I previously submitted a patch to fix all of these problems, although
that appears to have not come through from looking at the mailing list
archive (is there an attachment size limit?). I've looked at a very
large amount of the documentation with these styles, but not all of
it, so there may be more issues I haven't yet witnessed.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion