Missing uuid_generate_v1()

From: Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing uuid_generate_v1()
Date: 2010-10-07 01:18:15
Lists: pgsql-general

My production server is running Postgres 9.0 on Ubuntu Server, and I'm
getting some errors in sprocs that call uuid_generate_v1().. This is
because the function is missing.

On my Windows box, this function would automatically be installed as
part of the database.. If I try to create the function with:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION uuid_generate_v1()
RETURNS uuid AS
'$libdir/uuid-ossp', 'uuid_generate_v1'
LANGUAGE c VOLATILE STRICT
COST 1;

I get:

ERROR: could not load library
"/opt/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/postgresql/uuid-ossp.so": libuuid.so.16:
SQL state: 58P01

How do I get this working under Linux? Thanks!!

Mike