Asynchronous query execution

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Asynchronous query execution
Date: 2010-12-08 13:35:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hello,
I would like to know how can we execute the queries asynchronously?
If we use and execute plpgsql functions they just completes the execution or
throws an error on error. In between next sql statement waits for the
previous one to complete the execution. But in few situations it is required
not to wait for getting the completion of previous sql statement. How can
this e achieved?

Waiting for you response.

CPK