Re: Building PgAdmin with a debug build

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building PgAdmin with a debug build
Date: 2010-10-23 16:01:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Peter Geoghegan
<peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2010 15:36, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>>> Hm, let's try another time. You once again forgot the --enable-unicode
>>> option.
>
>> Actually, I think Peter is mixing up wxWidgets options with pgAdmin
>> options. The command he posted above looks like it's in the pgAdmin
>> source directory, but --with-gtk and --enable-gtk2 are wxWidgets
>> options.
>>
>> I'd suggest using the wxWidgets build script in xtra/wx-build in the
>> pgAdmin tree. I actually tweaked that earlier today with a couple of
>> improvements.
>
> I did forget, but it actually doesn't matter for now. Let's take a
> step back here - if I just run ./configure, without any parameters, or
> just with --enable-unicode, I still get the same error message
> (previously, when building against my distro's packages, I could
> successfully run configure provided I left out the --enable-debug
> parameter).
>
> I hate autohell.
>
> I did a git pull, and saw Dave's improvements to ./xtra/wx-build.
> Unfortunately, running build-wxgtk doesn't improve matters - I simply
> see the same error as before, plus we attempt a make.

Does the script complete successfully? If so, you should have every
supported build variation of wxWidgets in /usr/local.

> This is an Opensuse 11.3 system.
>
> peter(at)linux-peter-home:~/pgadmin3> whereis wx-config
> wx-config: /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> peter(at)linux-peter-home:~/pgadmin3> wx-config --list

Try "which wx-config", not whereis. I suspect pgAdmin isn't finding
the one you think it is.

Then, try configuring pgAdmin with --with-wx=/usr/local/

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company