Re: dblink versus long connection strings

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: queej <dqj(at)authentrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dblink versus long connection strings
Date: 2010-11-30 02:16:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 01:01, queej <dqj(at)authentrics(dot)com> wrote:
> I have views that use the dblink(connStr text, sql text) call.  They cannot
> use a two-step process.  So postgres 9.0 has broken all of those views.  Is
> there a straightforward solution to this?

Could you explain your views? I cannot get any warnings from
dblink(connStr text, sql text) with long connStr.

Also, I wonder two things:
* dblink(connStr text, sql text) never raises warning logs even without
the recent fix, because they don't register connection names.
* Connection names could be truncated, but connection strings are never
truncated. I'm not sure why connection strings are logged in your log.

--
Itagaki Takahiro