How to select a list of sequences?

From: Kenneth Buckler <kenneth(dot)buckler(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to select a list of sequences?
Date: 2011-03-04 14:02:10
Lists: pgsql-general

How can I select a list of sequences in Postgres 8.4?

I'm writing functions which select names of tables, tablespaces, sequences, etc.

For example, I can select a list of table names using the following command:

SELECT tablename FROM pg_tables WHERE schemaname = 'public';

However, I can't seem to find a view of sequences.

I'm sure it's in there, as you can display a list of sequences using
the \ds command, but that doesn't really help me here.

Any help?

Thanks,

Ken