Re: gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data

From: Marios Vodas <mvodas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data
Date: 2010-10-22 17:19:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/10/22 Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>

> Type should have in/out function, at least dummy. If type is not present in
> pg_type table then postgres can not operate with even on disk.

Yes, you are right. I did some tests and I found that in order for it to
work correctly the type we specify in STORAGE parameter in create operator
class has to have internallength same or bigger than the sizeof() struct
that is stored in nodes of the tree. I didn't specify storage parameter at
all so that was the problem. Thank you for helping.