Re: Web Hosting

From: matty jones <urlugal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Brent Wood <b(dot)wood(at)niwa(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com, mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com
Subject: Re: Web Hosting
Date: 2011-03-07 15:17:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I am looking at rimuhosting right now. I
looked at godaddy and while they do allow me to install stuff and there
prices are very reasonable, I am a firm believer in you get what you pay
for. I think it would be better for me to spend 30-40 a month then 5-10 a
month for hosting. The reviews I have read so far about rimuhosting seem on
the whole very positive and looking over their packages and the os/hardware
packages I am quite happy. My project is nearing the point where I need it
hosted separately not just locally on my box. It is still a long way from
complete but it is getting to the point where I need a permanent structure,
that I don't have to mimic across 2 or 3 development boxes. I am planning
on releasing the project under some sort of open source license so the
discount idea sounds good to me.