Re: PATCH: Minor notes in CLUSTER page

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andy Lester <andy(at)petdance(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Minor notes in CLUSTER page
Date: 2010-05-07 11:33:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Andy Lester <andy(at)petdance(dot)com> wrote:
> I was looking for how to undo a CLUSTER call earlier today.  Nothing on
> the CLUSTER page told me how to do it, or pointed me to the ALTER TABLE
> page.  I figure a pointer to would help the next person in my situation.

I've been annoyed by this too and so am in favor of adding a mention
in the documentation, but I think we should mention both the CLUSTER
and SET WITHOUT CLUSTER variants of ALTER TABLE, and since it's only
one sentence I think we should add it adjacent to the existing
sentence discussing remembering the index. My proposed patch
attached; thoughts?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
cluster-docs-rmh.patch application/octet-stream 796 bytes