Re: Problems with Vista and Windows 7

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: el dorado <do_ra_do(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with Vista and Windows 7
Date: 2010-07-08 07:53:22
Lists: pgsql-general

2010/7/8 el dorado <do_ra_do(at)mail(dot)ru>:
> Thank you for your answers.
> Well, the beginning of the story in details is here (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-06/msg01135.php). Shortly, I tried to use functions from my own dll, but got an error "Could not open relation base\16123\16222: No such file or directory". Later I found out, using 'Process Monitor', that for some reason process 'postgres.exe' looked for this relation not in 'C:\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\base\16123\16222' but in 'C:\Users\postgres\AppData\Roaming\MyApplicationName\base\16123\16222' - certainly, there is no such file.
>

>> Did you check, that registry key "Data Directory" is set properly in
>> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-8.4"
>> folder?
> Usually I don't use standard Windows Installer but take binaries. So there is no such branch in registry. When I tried to make test and install it from Installer I got the same result. :( "Data Directory" was set to PG-specific application dir.

So this is an issue with an extension of your own? Can you post the code?

You'll have to excuse us being skeptical about PostgreSQL being
fundamentally broken in the way you describe. The Windows installer
alone is downloaded tens of thousands of times per week, so I'm pretty
sure someone would have reported such an issue before now. And that's
ignoring the vast amount of testing that goes into every release,
including on 32 and 64 bit versions of XP through 7 and 2003 through
2008R2.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company