Exception while accessing database

From: Manohar Bhattarai <manoharbhattarai(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Exception while accessing database
Date: 2010-06-02 18:23:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi,
This problem was initially asked to pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org and I was
suggested to ask this problem here.
So my initial problem was that i was not able to set the Driver for
postgresql. I solved that problem with the help there.

But I have a new exception and it is :
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for
user "postgres"

I am giving the line for connection that i am using :
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, "postgres",
"mypasswordhere");

But the password is the same that i use to login postgres user in the
terminal.
What could be the problem?

I am using (Linux)Ubuntu 8.04 as OS, Postgresql is 8.3, java is jdk1.6,
using Eclipse as IDE, and trying to make a project in jsp.

My problem is that I had installed postgresql8.3 successfully. and after
some search on the google gave me some configuration details which i
followed. But I am not able to understand how to start creating a new user
and a new database after a fresh installation of postgres.

Can you provide me with come details to how to create a new user and new
database after a new installation of postgres?

If you need any more details i will provide them. Please help me solve this
problem.
--
Regards,
Manohar Bhattarai (मनोहर भट्टराई)