Re: pgcrypto in separate schema

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgcrypto in separate schema
Date: 2010-06-15 17:06:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 19:02, Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info> wrote:
> I want to put the functions from pgcrypto into a separate schema, but
> pgcrypto.sql is explicitly setting the search path to public.  Is there
> a reason it does this that I should be aware of? Is it fine to change
> that and install the functions in a separate schema?

Nope, just remove that line. pgcrypto works perfectly fine when
running in it's own schema - in fact, I think that's the general
recommendation. I think the lock to public schema was just left in
there pending the extensions mechanism to eventually get finished.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/