sync rep & fsync=off

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: sync rep & fsync=off
Date: 2011-03-18 21:12:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
While investigating Simon's complaint about my patch of a few days
ago, I discovered that synchronous replication appears to slow to a
crawl if fsync is turned off on the standby.

I'm not sure why this is happening or what the right behavior is in
this case, but I think some kind of adjustment is needed because the
current behavior is quite surprising.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2011-03-18 21:13:43