Re: Fwd: What do these terms mean in the SOURCE CODE?

From: Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: What do these terms mean in the SOURCE CODE?
Date: 2010-11-21 05:06:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for your concerns about my question. I am really happy to get the
answers.

@Mr. Tom Lane: Thanks for your explanation but I am already using Eclipse
which gets me to the definitions real easy. I do not post my questions on
the Hackers forum with any intention to disturb anyone. I just ask for help
when I am not able to understand it all. PG is my first attempt at OSS
development so it is particularly difficult. Of course PG has great support
for us because almost everything has got its comment, elaborating its use /
importance. However since I don't know everything yet about PG or even about
the OSS development, I come here asking. I have never been in so much of
code with so many Data Structures and typedefs. It gets confusing very
easily. This is the reason I came here asking.

I ask here after I have done my homework; and after I get messed up with the
code. Moreover the comments are those of developers. So when someone says
that "expression does not match qual" in the code, it is not so clear to me
as it might be to you people; because you know the terms, I don't. Thanks
for all the support I have been getting here to all of you. I will try to
ask as less as possible from now on.

@Mr. Dimitri Fontaine: Thanks for telling me the name of the tool. But I
like the GUI interfaces more and Eclipse has been serving me well for
browsing (only) the source code. I do not fear command line / shell but
prefer GUI more. Thanks for your answer.

-Vaibhav (*_*)