Re: MySQL HandlerSocket - Is this possible in PG?

From: Michael Ben-Nes <michael(at)epoch(dot)co(dot)il>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL HandlerSocket - Is this possible in PG?
Date: 2010-12-22 07:41:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

I think this might be a game changing feature.
For the first time after 10 years I have reason to consider MySQL, as the
cost per performance in such scenario is amazing. Morever I wont have to run
it in single mod or loose other functionality by using this feautre. as I
can access the ordinary interface on port 3306 and the fast interface on
other port.

I wonder if PostgreSQL should replicate this functionality somehow. How can
I represent this idea to the developers? They will probably know if this
feature worth something.

Thanks,
Miki

Michael Ben-Nes - Internet Consultant and Director.
http://www.epoch.co.il - weaving the Net.
Cellular: 054-4848113