Re: Does enterprisedb.com down?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "M(dot) Bashir Al-Noimi" <admin(at)mbnoimi(dot)net>, postgresql Forums <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general-owner <pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Does enterprisedb.com down?
Date: 2010-06-16 06:27:29
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 05:48, Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> The EnterpriseDB binaries are not on the community ftp servers, and
>> can't be because some of the community servers are in the USA, and those
>> USA servers might not block embargoed countries.
> Thanks for the clarification. We are in a very early stage of evaluating
> EnterpriseDB for our product and the information may have some relevance.
> So EnterpriseDB products can't be provided to clients based in embargoed
> countries?

From what I can tell, the EnterpriseDB products will not be provided,
no, because EnterpriseDB is a US company and bound by US laws.

The opensource PostgreSQL product - which happen to have it's win32
installers distributed by EnterpriseDB and thus blocked - is
definitely available. If you require support or consultancy around it
you will probably need to find a non-US company for that, but there
are plenty of those around both in Europe and elsewhere. Only the
installer is the issue there.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/