Re: Vaccuuming every db in cluster fails to eliminate "execute a full-database VACUUM in..."

From: Robert Burgholzer <rburghol(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vaccuuming every db in cluster fails to eliminate "execute a full-database VACUUM in..."
Date: 2010-10-10 15:35:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
So, as I mentioned, I have tried to get this straightened out by
vacuuming all in --single mode, but to no avail.  I executed the
following command, to see which tables were in trouble:

SELECT relname, age(relfrozenxid) FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'r';

And found a table listed, that DOES NOT exist any longer.  Do I have
any recourse other than to drop and rebuild all of my tables?  Can I
just dump, drop and recreate my database?

How do I drop a database in --single mode?

Thanks,
r.b.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Robert Burgholzer <rburghol(at)vt(dot)edu> wrote:

> ERROR:  database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data
> loss in database "vwuds"
>
> So, I vacuum each and every db in my ... but am still hampered by this
> error.

Robert W. Burgholzer
http://www.findingfreestyle.com/
Find us on Facebook by searching "Finding Freestyle"