Re: Graphical Query Builder -- expanding public requires annoying double click

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Peter Dietz <pdietz84(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Graphical Query Builder -- expanding public requires annoying double click
Date: 2010-09-24 12:53:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 23/09/2010 22:31, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Peter Dietz <pdietz84(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> I have a minor grievance with pgAdmin3's Graphical Query Builder.
>>> I click plus on Schemas, then public has no plus, so I must double click
>>> public, then the plus button appears, which I can then click to expand the
>>> list to see whats in my database.
>>> [-] my-database-name
>>>     [+] Catalogs
>>>     [-] Schemas
>>>             public
>>> I would like that public would already have the expand symbol present by
>>> default.
>>> This is only a minor inconvenience, but it will hopefully save me, and every
>>> other user a little bit of time.
>>
>> It probably wouldn't, because it would require pre-populating the
>> node. If you have multiple schemas, that means scanning all of them
>> for objects in advance of when you actually want them.
>>

> The only issue I have with that is that GQB works in a different way
> than the browser. Not sure what we should do against that though.

Y'know, I just realised this is about the GQB, not the browser (being
compared to the GQB). I really need to learn to read subject lines.

Sorry.

Pre-loading the GQB treeview should be less painful than the main one,
as it loads far less data.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com