set theory question

From: matty jones <urlugal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: set theory question
Date: 2011-02-02 22:58:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I am looking for a good book on the math and/or theory behind relational
databases and associated topics.. I am looking some works on set theory,
algebra, or any other books/papers on the mechanics that databases are built
on. I found one book online,
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~maier/TheoryBook/TRD.html, The Theory of Relational
Databases by David Maier and that is what got me interested in the
foundations of database design and theory.

Thanks,

Matt