Universal B-tree

From: Daniel Oliveira <danielmarquesoliveira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Universal B-tree
Date: 2010-08-09 16:31:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear developers,

I'm PhD candidate in Brazil and a newbie on postgresql developement, sorry
for any silly questions. I implemented a new algorithm for range search
using universal b-tree but I don't have a clue how to integrate it into
postgresql.

Where I can find the resources about it?

I don't need to change B-tree estructure. I just need integrate my encode
function that transforms multiple keys into one key by bit-interleaving and
to acess elements given several intervals (range search).

I've heard about a framework ATOM on the article "Native Multidimensional
Indexing in Relational Databases" written by David Hoksza, Tomas Skopal
which says that ATOM abstracts the way that postgres records information...
does any one know where I can get it?

Best regards,

Daniel Oliveira