Re: Moving data from SQL Server to Postgres via VFP ODBC Driver

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: calvin smith <calvinsmith266(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving data from SQL Server to Postgres via VFP ODBC Driver
Date: 2010-08-09 18:50:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM, calvin smith
<calvinsmith266(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Actually I am dumping the data from SQLServer into
> Visual FoxPro memory variables on a record by record basis  and then
> checking the datatype for each memory variable.. If the data type is VFP
> character I am trimming the value so that I KNOW that what is going into my
> Insert statement is trimmed data.

I haven't used VFP. Is it an ETL tool?

Another ETL tool to consider (its open source) that is JDBC based can
be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/Data%20Integration/4.0.0-stable/

Also, I don't know if you seen these migration resources:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL#Microsoft_SQL_Server

Hopefully there is something useful there.

Also don't forget to reply-all so that the mailing list is included so
that others can reply.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.