NEW + tableOID

From: Ricardo Bayley <ricardo(dot)bayley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: NEW + tableOID
Date: 2010-08-13 21:08:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Fellows,

I have a bunch of tables which I need to perform a Full Text Search.
The approach I am using is to insert into another table (the searcheable
table): tsvector information, tableOID and the record Id

I do this with triggers. This issue I have is that the tableoid data cannot
be used with the NEW keyword. I always get value 0 instead of the actual
tableoid.

Insert statement looks something like this:
INSERT INTO fts.fdata(tbl_oid, id, vector_info)
VALUES (NEW.tableoid, NEW.id, NEW.vector_info)

So how can I get the tableoid in a trigger function ?

regards,

Ricardo