Re: Attempting to get kerberos authentication working

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Attempting to get kerberos authentication working
Date: 2010-06-03 12:00:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 22:42, Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get kerberos working with postgres 8.4 on openSUSE
> authenticating against AD. I have the server configured and can do a kinit
> against my account on the server. I have a keytab file produced by the
> administrators.
>
> $ klist -kt poe3b.keytab
> Keytab name: FILE:bob.keytab
> KVNO Timestamp         Principal
> ---- -----------------
>    1 12/31/69 19:00:00 HTTP/bob(dot)lab2k(dot)net(at)LAB2K(dot)NET
> I've added
> krb_srvname = 'HTTP' to postgresl.conf

Have you also added this on the client side? Either to the connection
string or to the environment variable? And if you did it with the
environment variable, double-check that it actually took effect in the
client app - sometimes you need to log out and back in again when
using the GUI editors, and if you changed it from the commandline it
might simply be gone.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/