Re: Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard <husttripper(at)vip(dot)sina(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?
Date: 2010-08-05 14:38:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Richard <husttripper(at)vip(dot)sina(dot)com> wrote:
> Oh sorry, I missed something. I turned off the XLOG archive in code after pg_start_backup so the pg_xlog directory contains all the xlog files.
> And for performance purpose, I change the checkpoint type in pg_start_backup to CHECKPOINT_IMMEDIATE, does it matter?
> The PG log I mentioned above is the running error log not the XLOG.

Well, it's pretty clear that you're missing some WAL; otherwise, you
wouldn't be getting an error that says "WAL ends before end time of
backup dump". It's hard to speculate as to whether that's a
configuration problem or a result of your custom modifications to the
source code, since you haven't provided many details about either.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company