Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?

From: Richard <husttripper(at)vip(dot)sina(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?
Date: 2010-08-05 14:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oh sorry, I missed something. I turned off the XLOG archive in code after pg_start_backup so the pg_xlog directory contains all the xlog files.
And for performance purpose, I change the checkpoint type in pg_start_backup to CHECKPOINT_IMMEDIATE, does it matter?
The PG log I mentioned above is the running error log not the XLOG.

Richard
2010-08-05