Re: BUG #5613: cannot delete

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott <wheels7271(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5613: cannot delete
Date: 2010-08-12 20:39:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Scott <wheels7271(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5613
> Logged by:          Scott
> Email address:      wheels7271(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> Operating system:   vista
> Details:
>
> I have recently tried to install PostgreSQL to use with poker tracker. I
> have having problems connecting to the server, where then i was advised to
> completly remove and download again. I have come accross a file located in
> c:\programfilmes, called PostgresSQL. I am unable to delete this folder
> file, even when using CMD it says the file cannot be found. I then proceeded
> to open this file and delete the items individually to see what was left,
> all the files were able to delete except one: pg_stat_tmp  Please could you
> help with this as i have spoke to comuter technichian company and they were
> unable to remove the file.

I think you have a Windows program rather than a PostgreSQL problem.
Based on my limited previous experience with Windows, problems like
this are often caused by trying to delete a file while it's in use.
Perhaps you need to stop the PostgreSQL service.

An even better idea might be to uninstall PostgreSQL using Add/Remove
Programs, or whatever uninstaller came with the installer you used.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company