Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting
Date: 2010-09-01 13:41:45
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-www
On 1 September 2010 09:39, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 09:36, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:

>>> Looks good to me in both Firefox and Konqueror.
>>
>> I've just tested it at work in IE6/7/8 and looks fine (sans shadows
>> and rounded corners of course).  So I think that's no longer a
>> problem.
>>
>> There are some changes that should be made to the docs to accommodate
>> style changes though.  A good example can be seen on
>> http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/xml2.html . The
>> functions and parameter tables don't have a header, and the functions
>> listed in the functions table are each written as a synopsis rather
>> than a function.
>>
>> Also take a look at
>> http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/functions-aggregate.html
>> . Table 9-43 lists functions but the formatting changes for the last 3
>> functions because the parameters weren't in the <function> element in
>> the SGML.  This happens inconsistently throughout the documentation.
>>
>> I previously submitted a patch to fix all of these problems, although
>> that appears to have not come through from looking at the mailing list
>> archive (is there an attachment size limit?).  I've looked at a very
>> large amount of the documentation with these styles, but not all of
>> it, so there may be more issues I haven't yet witnessed.
>
> I should also point out that someone I showed this to said that the
> blue text I've used for function names throughout could make the text
> be mistaken for a link.  Comments?

I've added an experimental content navigation menu (appears in
top-right-hand corner) which jumps to sections of the same page.  It
only appears on pages which have items to navigate to, including the
main index.

Example pages:
http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html
http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/bookindex.html