Re: resizing a varchar column on 8.3.8

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jon Hoffman <jon(at)foursquare(dot)com>
Cc: emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: resizing a varchar column on 8.3.8
Date: 2011-01-27 20:39:56
Lists: pgsql-general

It's one of those "It's perfectly safe, as long as nothing goes wrong"
types of things. It should work, but I'd certainly play on a test
server first. And if something goes wrong in the right way, you might
not even know it for a while. But generally, it's pretty common to do
this one hackish thing with the catalogs.