Introducing Myself

From: Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Introducing Myself
Date: 2010-09-16 08:04:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,

May be this is notneeded, but I thought I could just introduce myself to the
list and why am I here.

My name is Vaibhav Kaushal, a good leaner and a really bad student. I bunk
classes, don't attend exams and love to develop. I just completed my
engineering course in Information science but with a few subjects still on
the list. I am not much of a developer yet but understand the basics. I use
both Windows and Linux; Linux being my more preferred OS.

I was trying to develop a small web application and selected MySQL because
"you know its the most popular OSS DB on the Internet" and has a more
friendly name (although almost crappy ways of work with awkward SQL syntax,
no foreign key support by default and rules allowing silent ignores on the
commands, specially the 'check' rule). But then I thought I could look for
options; and I got postgresql and i had to change the whole architecture of
the application! It is just too much feature packed and powerful and fast
enough considering what it does.

I am here to learn how it works (it has become my favorite DB almost
instantly), and how to make it work even better. I do not understand
everything what the documents say but I want to know. So if anyone
can,*please show me the way, at least to the terms which you people
use when
developing*.

I want to change a few things in the inner core of it. May be my additions
would be beneficial to the community. But for that I need to start. Also, I
think its time I move on to the development section of the 9 series of the
DB. Am I right? I am new here and need some guidance. I would first like to
know what it does (*what happens from the moment I hit enter on PSQL after a
command to the results being displayed*) and where are the functions located
in the source tree.

Thanks a lot.
Vaibhav (*_*)