Re: Version Numbering

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: "Sergio A(dot) Kessler" <sergiokessler(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Version Numbering
Date: 2010-08-21 17:30:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL is a user space project. Yes we have a solid core of -hackers
> but our wider use is a place where hackers don't exist. User space
> developers do. I.e; PHP people.

Uhm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Release_history

The current release of PHP is 5.3.3 -- ie, the third patch release of
the third regular release of PHP5 -- the fifth major rewrite of the
engine and language.

They use exactly the same model we use and virtually every other
software package every uses unti the marketing department gets ahold
of it and confuses things.

--
greg