Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list

From: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list
Date: 2010-11-24 13:26:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey hackers,

Completely agree with Robert !
It would be nice to dump functions definitions, e.g. to make it possible
keep them in git separately.
I also want to propose to make it possible dump function definitions
as CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION rather than just CREATE
FUNCTION (as pg_dump dumps them now). It is would be useful
as well as psql's \ef.