Re: How to get index columns/dir/ord informations?

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get index columns/dir/ord informations?
Date: 2011-04-01 16:01:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Query to list the tables and its concerned indexes.

SELECT indexrelid::regclass as index , relid::regclass as
table FROM pg_stat_user_indexes JOIN pg_index USING
(indexrelid) WHERE idx_scan < 100 AND indisunique IS FALSE;

Query will list the contraints.

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE oid IN ( SELECT indexrelid FROM pg_index,
pg_class WHERE pg_class.oid=pg_index.indrelid AND ( indisunique = 't' OR
indisprimary = 't' ) );

To get the column order number, use this query.

SELECT a.attname,a.attnum FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a, pg_type t WHERE
c.relname = 'vacc' AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid AND a.atttypid =
t.oid;

Note: This query for a particular Table 'VACC'

Best Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation