Re: phase 2 of wxWidgets 2.9 build

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phase 2 of wxWidgets 2.9 build
Date: 2011-02-16 18:34:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I've attached a new patch that applies cleanly. All existing patches
from me that have not been applied yet should not be applied,
including the one I sent last night.

Apologies once again for the wxrc crud.

This addresses the "guru hints" issue reported today in a way that I
think is better than adding another overload of sysSettings::Write(),
and is consistent with something I've done before in a similar
situation with ctlListView.

As with the patch I sent last night, 2.9 related issues remain, but we
should still commit this because, as I've said, 2.8 is unaffected, and
the more eyeballs on the 2.9 problems the better. They are probably
specifically wxWidget problems.

I can't see us distributing binaries built against 2.9 any time soon,
but I think I've given us a good headstart for wx 3.0.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
applies_cleanly_wed.patch.gz application/x-gzip 428.6 KB